Sunday, January 30, 2011

Nick's Italian Cafe in McMinnville

Nick's is one of our favorite restaurants in the world. And this is a belated note. Since we opened our tasting room in McMinnville and they are about 150 feet up the street, we've been in there quite a bit this year.

If you want interesting food they have it - for example, Thursday's night's Fritto Misto included two types of fried oranges and a crispy beet chip that I would buy bags of if they made enough. And I've had lots of wonderful fritters with veggies and fish and bruschetta with octopus and other toppings. But I just love the execution on the basics - my meal last Thursday was a bowl of minestrone soup and a wood-fired sausage pizza paired with a glass of barbaresco. It simply doesn't get any better for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment